Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wedding Song

One of the first gifts I made for my husband after we were married is a framed set of the lyrics to our song. The song that we had our first dance to, the one that always makes me cry when I hear it.
This is by far the easiest thing I have ever done, just type up the lyrics (or simply find them online, copy and paste) I did mine in purple, since our wedding colors were purple and white. Print it off, I just used my home printer on regular paper, but you can use a patterned paper (nothing to bold though, or else you font will be hard to read) or take it some where and have it professionally done.
Buy a coordinating frame and mat, if you can't find a mat the color you want/need, just over to any craft store or even Wal-mart and buy a little bottle of acrylic paint.


 
In the corners I put two flowers from our wedding to add a very special and personal touch. All of the men in our wedding party had wooden flowers, and they worked great for this. Just secure on with some tacky glue. Silk flowers will work, or even your dried real flowers. Don't have any left, who cares, run over to the store and buy a stem in whatever color you used.


Some great things you could do to make it even more special, buy a frame that has two or more sections, and fill the others with pictures, wedding pictures, engagement pictures, or a symbol of your love, a heart in the sand, whatever fits your love, relationship and feelings.
One last things, don't forget to have fun with this! Adapt it for you, change it to the song you danced with your Father and use as a Birthday or Father's Day gift, or for you Mother. In the crafting world, anything goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment