Thursday, July 12, 2012

Creative Gifting

I am sure I am not alone in the quest for unique gifts. My husband is a very hard person to shop for. The only hobby he has is reading, and since we don't even read in the same genre, I never know what to get him, and I was awfully tired of giving him Barnes and Noble gift cards. So, my search for something unique started. I looked and looked, I found TONS of cool things, things I would love to have, and wish he would love to have, but nothing I knew for a fact he would use.
My husband and I are very different, he can fit everything "he" owns in a couple of duffel bags, and he would be happy with just that. Me on the other hand, I like stuff. I love all of my jewelry, my shoes, purses and such. I especially love all of my craft things. Boxes, paints, feathers, flowers, buttons, you name it. I made almost all of the decorations in our home, and I am very proud of all of them, he finds my amount of stuff annoying.
So, I figured I would use what I am good at, crafting, in order to make him gifts. I am not very good with words, I have a very hard time saying what I mean, and how I feel, but when I put it on paper, or express it with some form of art,  feel that I get my point across much better.
So here it goes, I am doing a little section of unique, handmade gifts perfect for those hard to gift people. Husbands, Wives, Parents, Grandparents, anyone in your life who seems to have everything, and therefor needs nothing.
I would love to hear about things you have made. My husband still has birthdays and Christmas's coming up and I am always looking for new things to give him!

No comments:

Post a Comment