Saturday, July 28, 2012

The First Time

I am taking a little pause from the gift ideas, I posted this little thing on my family blog, and I liked it so much and though so many people could learn from this, that I wanted to share it on here.




I really love being a Mom. It is so great having someone love you so much, no matter what.

 I love that feeling when they rest their head on your shoulder as you are carrying them to bed, or that big smile when you walk into the room.
Children teach us amazing life lessons that no amount of school, or number of books could.
They teach you to love and trust with out question.

They teach you that just because something isn't suppose to be a toy, doesn't mean it can't be, and that it can't be fun!
They also teach you that sometimes, you just need to throw your Cheerios on the floor, then laugh about it.

But one of the things I love most about them, is that they teach you to enjoy everything like it's your first time. This really hit me the other day when Nick was out watering the flowers and I brought William over to feel the water coming out of the garden hose. To him, it was the neatest thing ever, because he had never experienced it before.

We take so many things for granted in our busy days, how beautiful the sun is when it rises and sets, the sounds of the birds chirping outside or the occasional chicken or bunny wandering through your yard.

So tomorrow lets try to be more like them. Enjoy being you, and everything that means. Even if you have to spend a few minutes looking in the mirror telling yourself how wonderful you are, especially to your family. 
Enjoy nature and all this world has to offer, the laundry, dishes or checking your email can wait for the unplanned trip outside to see what kind of adventures are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment